Thursday, December 14, 2017

To the One Who is Weary of Doing Good

Oh, sweet sister. I see you over there trying hard to do what is right. Trying to be the woman God created you to be. You give so much of yourself to others. To your family, friends, coworkers, and co-laborers. I see the joy and delight in your face as you serve. You know that this is what God called you to do. Most days you serve with such great joy in your heart for the privilege of sharing Christ with others.

Deep down inside I also see the moments of discouragement and heartbreak. I see your hurt. I know you have been misunderstood and others have taken advantage of your kindness. You say it doesn’t matter because you serve God not man. Yet I still see you hurting at times. You grow weary and your heart breaks as yet another person is unkind while you were trying to help them. There have been those who spread gossip and are critical of you and what you are doing. Hurtful words are spoken instead of words of thankfulness. You have been forgotten, overlooked and made to feel invisible. I get it. I have been there too. We all have.

My sweet sister, this is what I want you to know deep down in your heart. God sees you dear one. He sees you when you sit down and rise up. He sees you at work and at rest. He knows your thoughts, your heartbreak, and your hurts. You are never out of His presence. He is so delighted in you. He delights in you because you are YOU!  He has loved you from before the foundations of the earth were ever even created. Yes! Even then He was delighted in you!

My prayer for you today is that you might see Jesus in all that you do. I pray that in your loneliness you will feel the presence of His Spirit. In your weariness, you will feel His strength. I pray that if others are tearing you down that you will feel the overpowering presence of His Spirit lifting you high. I pray that no matter where you are today, no matter what is said about you, or to you, that you would be able to rise above it all and soar on the wings of His Spirit who holds you.

Dear sister I know how hard this life can be. I know how weary we can become in doing good but don't give up. Don't let the things of this world overwhelm you. Press on to know God. Press on knowing He walks with you and sees you.

Run into His presence, He sees you, He is with you, no matter where you are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment